Invision’s Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI) provide direct instruction and consultative special education services within a student’s assigned school.
Teachers of the Visually Impaired provide:
- Reading medium assessments
- Individual education programs related to vision loss
- Braille skills instruction
- Abacus and Nemeth Code instruction
- Keyboarding and assistive technology evaluations and training
- Functional vision assessments and training in the use of prescribed low-vision devices
- Assistance for school administrators with APH registration, textbook and materials procurement
- Consultation with a braillist to produce materials
- Consultation/Support services for parents, teachers and school staff.
Adults with vision loss also benefit from Teachers of the Visually Impaired.
We serve adults in their homes and help them learn new technologies to enhance their ability to gather information, communicate more effectively, and work in the home.