The Low Vision Specialist serves low vision students and adults to improve visual efficiency toward the goal of task completion.
Low Vision Specialists provide:
- Functional visual evaluations for near, intermediate, and distance viewing needs
- Evaluation and training with low vision devices that enhance reading and distance vision
- Computer evaluations, adaptation recommendations, and training on all assistive devices
- Home evaluations to assess lighting and environmental adaptations
- Referrals for orientation & mobility and daily living skills training.
The Low Vision Specialist consults with classroom teachers, parents and school administrators who want to better understand their students’ visual needs and adaptations.
Invision provides a Low Vision Specialist to serve students in their schools and adults in their homes.