Invision’s Certified Braillists provide Braille transcription services for visually impaired students working with Teachers of the Visually impaired and classroom teachers.
Material production by the Braillist includes transcribing print documents: worksheets, textbooks, quizzes, tests, workbooks, and maps for all subject areas into Braille using current computer technology.
- Assist Teachers of the Visually Impaired by providing the time- consuming material production of school-related materials needed by the VI student so the Teacher of the Visually Impaired can devote more time to instruction, lesson planning & implementation, and record keeping.
- Work directly with the classroom teacher communicating via e-mail and telephone to coordinate student assignment needs.
- Use specialized Braille software and produce brailled materials quickly and efficiently.
- Excel at producing the highest quality brailled work and work to meet classroom deadlines.
- Use overnight mailing services for quick turn-around time.
- Stay current with the latest changes and revisions of the Braille code rules and regulations.
- Produce math using the Nemeth Code for Mathematics for grades K-12, including high-level math courses such as Algebra, Geometry, Calculus and Trigonometry.
- Develop tactile graphic diagrams that allow students to read and understand complex concepts presented in the classroom.
- Braille band and chorus music to provide access to musical notation for students familiar with braille music code.
- Meet foreign language requirements for VI students by producing braille materials for the students’ work in a multitude of different languages.
Material Production by Invision’s braillists allows visually impaired students access to the same materials as their sighted peers within the mainstream classroom setting.